2H 2016 Quick Links, Part 1 (Special Election Edition)
I’ve already cast my ballot, and I hope you will vote too. I don’t normally wade into election politics but there have been several election issues that touch on topics of interest to this blog. So, for the first time, I’m doing a special election edition of my quick links posts.
* USA Today: “‘Sue him just for fun!’ Trump threatens lawsuits, rarely files.” Read the whole thing.
* 538: “The ~20 Times Trump Has Threatened To Sue Someone During This Campaign.” Make America Litigious Again
* Eriq Gardner: A Look At Donald Trump, Libel Defendant: “Perception Is Reality”
* Washington Post: Erik Wemple: In court filing, Trump leans on legal protections he’s vowed to undo
* Law.com: How ABA’s Unease Over Trump Article Hatched a First Amendment Flap
* New Yorker: Donald Trump’s Ghostwriter Tells All. Phrases that crop up: “The Sociopath,” “Lying is second nature to him.” “He has no attention span.” Of course Trump sent a C&D to the ghostwriter.
* Slate: 141 Things Donald Trump Has Said and Done That Make Him Unfit to Be President
* Fusion: Melania Trump’s speech is more than a gaffe—it’s a racist campaign stealing from a black woman
* AP: “Donald Trump keeps peddling the notion the vote may be rigged. It’s unclear whether he understands the potential damage of his words, or simply doesn’t care.”
* NY Times: Trump is losing supporters in the marketplace of ideas–& the marketplace
* WSJ: Facebook Employees Pushed to Remove Trump’s Posts as Hate Speech
* The Smoking Gun: Tracking The Hackers Who Hit DNC, Clinton
* NY Post: Facebook admits to blocking Wikileaks links in DNC email hack
* AP: Private lives are exposed as WikiLeaks spills its secrets
* NY Times: Once Skeptical of Executive Power, Obama Has Come to Embrace It. A do-nothing Congress is bad; an autocrat with minimal restrictions on its power is probably worse
* The White House’s Pete Souza Has Shot Nearly 2M Photos of Obama, Here are 55 of His Favorites